Sunday, January 18, 2009

Madam President

Today was my first day as Primary President- yes, that's right, I just got called to be the Primary President in our ward. I guess someone must have seen me in the Ensign and saw something special. Anyway, it has been a lot of fun and a lot of work to get everything ready for the new year. I made a little painting for the primary kids to put their head in when they are spotlighted. They put their face in the painting, we sing them a song, they feel special, they get a treat. Boston is so excited to have his mom in primary with him, and River just tells me not to embarass him in front of his friends.

7 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

haha you are so funny! You should be the General Primary President. Give me some tips on teaching my class. My kids just throw chairs at the wall and laugh. I wish I was joking about that...
Oh well have fun embaressing River!

Liz said...

You will do great in that calling. I was in the primary presidency before and I LOVED it! There is a special spirit in primary that you don't feel anywhere else. Have fun with it! :)

Nikki said...

Yeah, Avery!! Don't you love being told you're embarrassing by your 6 year old!? It's the highlight of my day. Congrats! You'll be awesome!

Candria said...

Ryman would love to have you for a primary president. You're so creative, I'm sure the kids will love you! Make sure you post all the cute stuff you do, so I can steal your ideas!

Myrnie said...

Yay for you! I know you'll do a great job. And you better get used to the whole "don't embarrass me" thing. Its called part of being a parent. I remember reading once that even Billy Joel's daughter didn't want her dad to sing in front of her friends because it would emabarrass her!

Kim said...

You are going to be an awesome Primary President. You have so many gifts. Primary is the most fun place to be and since you are so much fun to be around it's going to be even better. I'm so glad my kids get to learn from you. I think McKay is excited that there will be a place he can corner you and ask to play at your house. Also I love the sign you painted. It is cauuuute!

Lauralee Flores said...

It's now my turn to call you madam president! This is great. I like it this way a lot better. ;)