Tuesday, March 3, 2009

25 Things about Avery!

1. I love to clean out my ears with a Q-tip! I do it everyday, sometimes 3 or 4 times.

2. I have seen a two headed cow- When I was really little, my dad and I went on a walk and there was a baby cow with two heads lying on the ground. It had just been born, and it was crying, (well, they were crying). To this day, my dad and I still wonder if we really did see that, so it's a good thing both of us were there to see it, or we'd think it was all a dream.

3. I love putting sheets on a bed, especially the bottom fitted sheet. I don't know why.

4. I am also very good at folding fitted sheets. My mother in law once asked me to teach her how to fold a fitted sheet, and she is the queen of all domesticity. That made me feel really good until Faren said he thought she was only saying it to be nice.

5. I can't stand to sit and watch TV and not do anything with my hands. I always have to be working on something- a quilt, project, or writing.

6. I have a semi-photographic memory. I can remember dates and numbers very easily. Tell me your birthday, and it's locked in the vault forever. Oddly enough, I am terrible at math.

7. When I was young, I wanted to have a cool nickname, and I thought about what it would be for a long time. I came to my family and told them that from now on, they are to call me "Durd" I still haven't lived that one down.

8. My one true dream for my life is to be a singer/songwriter and play my guitar on stage. I wouldn't want to be super famous- just a local singer who everybody knows. I seriously get jealous of any young female singer/guitarist like Taylor Swift or Brandi Carlile because they are living my dream.

9. I've thought about it, and my van is my dream car. It seats 7 comfortably, it runs very well, good mileage, you can haul lots of stuff around, and it looks fine on the outside-except for the stigma of being a minivan mom.

10. I really get mad when people don't update their blogs! If you're going to have a blog, and you know people read it, drop us a note every once in a while for hell sakes!

11. I am realizing that it is more fun to be young and under your parents thumb than to live as an adult in the lone and dreary world.

12. I love making food for people, especially the ones who give me compliments on it.

13. Certain peoples voices are so soothing to me, and it feels like I'm getting a massage when I hear them speak. You know who you are- Lauralee Flores, Ina Garten from Barefoot Contessa, can't think of the others right now...

14. I struggle with keeping my house clean, and this has been a major thorn in my side for years because I want so badly to have a clean house all the time. I don't know how some moms do it- like my sister in law Taun- she has a natural talent for it, and I wish so bad I had that talent. But I try each day to make this weakness of mine a strength.

15. My favorite foods are pistacio pudding and anything with sesame seeds on it.

16. I don't hate anybody, but if anyone were to come close, it would be Anne Coulter. Anyone agree?

17. I always have to read something before I go to bed.

18. My favortie shows are Lost, American Idol, The Office, Desperate Housewives (and no, it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is), Monk, The Soup, and the Cosby Show.

19. I really really want to have a little girl someday. I pretend like I don't care, but I do. I'll even take twins if one of them is a girl!

20. I hate to admit it, but I am a mama's girl. I love being with my mom. I still get excited everytime I see her or anytime I drive to her house.

21. I once saw Vanilla Ice in concert at the Roach Motel in Pocatello. Do I even need to explain how bad it was?

22. I really can't stand local TV news anchors- especially channel 8's. Terrible. And I hate it when they try to be funny. They're never funny! They make me so mad!

23. I want to be a great painter someday.

24. I HATE scary movies! I will never ever watch one, and I won't ever go to a spook alley- not even a kids one.

25. I think my dad is one of the greatest people to ever live on this earth. I know some people think he's odd, but to me, he's great.


Now I want to hear from others! I tag Rachel, Nikki, Megan, Liz, Chenae, and Stephanie- so git goin'!

10 comments:

Lataun said...

I think your dad is one of the greatest people too. I love being around him! And I love your baking/cooking! I'll compliment you anytime...just bring something over! And I'll set you up a stage upstairs and you can rock our house anyday!

Nikki said...

Avery! You are so very funny! You made me laugh really hard! I wish I hadn't moved away from you. I don't know if I am as funny or interesting as you. I'll give it a try, though! Love the picture of Boston and Mia! Darling!

Nikki said...

PS--Why is LaTaun's house always so clean!!?? I am the same as you. I, too, have a sis-in-law like this. She even does it all herself. I have kids who do dishes, garbages, and clean their own rooms, yet, my house might be perfectly cleaned up once a week! What's your secret, Taun? Is my mother right? Should we just pick up as we go?? She was always saying that, and it was always infuriating!! But, she's probably right. Ha Ha Ha.

Kalia said...

Ditto on Desperate Housewives and wanting a girl! Desperate Housewives rocks and deals with a lot of the day to day we all deal with as wives and moms, it's good stuff. And good luck with your house, I've been doing better with mine, but it's still a several times a day challenge, and if you take a day off, it all goes to crap!! Love, Kalia thebowmancrew@gmail.com

Les said...

Great List Durd! (Is that kind of like when some backwoodsy Minnesotan says dude?)

#6 My B-day is Aug. 6th. I'll take a cheesecake, and I don't doubt yours is fantastic (see also #12).

#8 You could totally do this. What's stopping you? Just make Faren watch the kids at night while you hit the local circuit.

#16 Wow. Anne Coulter makes me want to poke my own eyes out!

#21 Little defensive there Ave. I'm sure you loved it. Was that the same night that Faren went to see Boys II Men in Pocatello?

Liz said...

Thanks for sharing. That was fun to read. Am I the Liz that you tagged? If so, I will get right on it!
I remember in high school all the boys swooned over watching you play your guitar. You are good!
I want you to teach me how to fold a fitted sheet too! I can't ever get it right.

Myrnie said...

About #4....I wasn't just being nice! I still don't know how to fold a fitted sheet. And, hey, you can cook, and I'll compliment....anytime!

Lauralee Flores said...

We need to live closer together! You are so much fun! I sure miss watching AI and The Office with you and Farren. Also, I wouln't have pegged you as a Durd but now that you say it... ;)

Yearsley couple said...

Hey ya, I don't know if you remeber Doug and I, but I stumbled across your blog and love it! I miss your family. Having River in primary was a treat! Love Kathryn yearsley

aswigfromthesiggs said...

10. I really get mad when people don't update their blogs! If you're going to have a blog, and you know people read it, drop us a note every once in a while for hell sakes!

Maybe you should take this one off your list, because you are guilty of it. I want to hear more about your adorable boys!