Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cuppity Cupcakes!

I got the cutest cupcake book , and I have been trying lots of the recipes. They even have cupcakes that look like mashed potatoes and gravy and chicken drumsticks. Those are a little too complicated for me at the moment, so Boston and River and I have experimented with a few of the intermediate ones.



Here's the book- it's a must buy for anyone who loves to bake!
Chocolate butterflies- they were so easy to make.


Billiard balls- our fist attempt- not great, but ok.

And here are my cute little helpers- Boston and Mia- who kept dipping all of their fingers in all the different colors of sugars. I could not stop them. They didn't sleep for a week!



5 comments:

Lataun said...

Is that why Mia was bouncing off the walls that night? We sure love eating all of your creations...keep them coming. I'm glad you like baking and sharing! I wish I liked sharing more than I like eating! You are so unselfish with your masterpieces.

Candria said...

I have this cookbook too! It's so much fun. The chicken ones are not as hard as they seem. I can't wait to do those and the others for April Fools!!! I'll have to try the butterflys.... My mother-in-law gave me the book after I tried to get my kids a store bought birthday cake. She thought I could start learning with cupcakes... I just like eating a good cake, I don't really care what it looks like!

Michelle Hawkes said...

Why don't I live closer!! I think your butterflys are amazing!! You are too creative. You should make me some next time I visit. :)

Lindsay said...

I love this cupcake book! I have been dreaming of the corn on the cob cakes. So cute!

LINSY said...

That is some impressive baking!