Thursday, October 23, 2008

7 Things about Avery

I've been tagged by Rachel to do this, and it took me forever since I am new at this. So I expect lots of comments about how great it is and how I'm "really getting the hang of this blogging thing". Here are seven things you may or may not know about me.





  1. I love that I get to look at the beautiful Tetons everyday. It is so cool to open my blinds and see the changing weather over the mountains all day long. After spending the last year in a basement apartment, I am so grateful everytime I look out to see the Tetons right in my backyard. Those mountains have always reminded me of my grandpa who died last Christmas. It's by far my favorite thing about living here in Driggs.


2. One show I wish was still on TV: The OC! I know, it's totally lame and teeny bopper to admit it, but I used to love that show. The drama, the love triangles, the illegitimate children....what's not to love. I want to be a Cohen!

3. I LOVE old houses! One of my favorite things to do is drive around old parts of towns and see the architecture on the old houses. My dream has always been to buy an old beautiful home and fix it up and have a fantastic yard and garden. Ahhh, someday.....



4. My awesome sister in law Michelle and I both have baby boys who are almost 9 months old. My Simon was born on February 2, and her Eli was born on February 5. It has been so fun to call her and compare the two boys growth and see which one is advancing faster (Mine is, of course!) It's too bad they live clear over in Kentucky- I wish I could see her everyday because Michelle is so fun and down to earth and such a great listener. We still don't know how Marshall got so lucky. We hope they move close to home soon.




5. I love to make food. But more than that, I love to make beautiful food. It really gives me a sense of accomplishment, and I love seeing my end product. I consider cooking to be a form of art. It's something you have to work at to get better, and everyone can have their own take on things and their own way of doing it. It's not just about putting food on the table and filling your stomach-I believe that there is something very noble about a person who creates food for their family to enjoy and relish in and bring the family together for good times around the table. It's just too bad that the man I married doesn't love food as much as I do. If he had his way, we'd eat Marshmallow Matey's every night and wash it down with a nice Dr. Pepper. But that's ok- I'm working on him.





6. River, Boston, and Simon. What can I say? These boys are my life. It is so fun to be the mom of three boys and to see all the things that they want to invent. Like how River is always trying to get me to nail pieces of wood together to make the oddest contraptions and how Boston thinks that tape fixes everything he breaks. Don't they just want to sit and color or play tea party or dolls? That's what I wanted to do when I was little...








7. This is a movie Faren and I saw recently, and it was amazing. There is so much music in it- and not just regular music- the kind of music that gives you goosebumps and keeps you awake at night singing it in your head and wondering how someone could have such talent to compose such beautiful songs. I know it's rated R, but with such thick Irish and Czech accents, you won't even understand the profanities, let alone much of the dialogue. That's plenty of justification, just ask your bishop.












6 comments:

Michelle Hawkes said...

Oh Avery!! What nice things you have to say about me, but I think I am the lucky one.

I too love beautiful food, and good movies. I wish I could see the tetons from my window!! You are the BEST :)

Nikki said...

Avery, I wish I was closer to get to know you more! Food is one of my life's passions, too! I made these awesome, decadent browniesthe other day that I'm sure you'd love. They're on my recipe blog! Look it up.

I miss the Tetons! I had that view for a while. I never got tired of seeing them. They are always different and so breathtaking with the sunset in winter! I'm going to print up some of the pics Chris took so I can look at them often. I have 4 that are killer!!! Take care!

Brett - Rachel B said...

I don't know about you but I'm in the mood for some "Hello Avery" bars (after sticky chicken of course)- that is the most beautiful food of all.
Don't you miss the pretty houses in Moscow?
Anyways, I got to go watch Barefoot Contessa now - but she's nothing compared to you.

Myrnie said...

I love all those things about you, too....except maybe the OC thing and that movie I've never heard of. We've always felt like we won the lottery to have such great daughters-in-law! Not to mention the beautiful and brilliant grand-children!

McKenzie said...

I'm so excited you said hi!! Now we can keep track of our favorite friends! Your boys are getting so big!! And Simon is a doll (or handsome). What are you guys up to? What is happening in Driggs? You know I go to those parts so we will have to get together next time!
As far as us... Brad graduated, passed the Bar and was sworn in as an attorney last week! HOORAY!! He got a job in Utah so we are enjoying being by family.

Les said...

I don't know how I'm just now finding out about your blog, but the secret is out now.

We really loved the movie "Once". Did you happen to watch their performance at the Oscars last year. Marketa Irglova's (sp?) acceptance speech was the best of the night!

Much love to the Eddins Family!