Monday, October 13, 2008

Avery's new Job

If any of you are wondering, "Why does it say 'The Milkmaid's Blog' at the top of this page?", well I will tell you. I am what you would call a purebred Holstein. I make a lot of milk, ok? So my neighbor who had just had a baby a few months ago really needed help. Her baby couldn't nurse and was losing weight and not doing well. She said she wished she could find some mom with lots of milk to spare, so I offered to try giving her some. And it turned out I was born to feed two babies at once. So she and I now have a little business arrangement- I give her milk everyday, and she gives me money. It's the sweetest job I've ever had. And her baby is doing so much better, so it feels good knowing that my milk has helped her. So you can call me a milkmaid, a wet nurse, or just a money making milk machine.

7 comments:

Lataun said...

I can tell that Faren has been helping out with your blog facelift. I'm not sure what gave it away...hmmm....maybe the "Blogs that kick ass" title. Ya, I think that was it!

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I am laughing. You are really brave to tell the world. I bet the extra cash is nice! So glad you are blogging!

Michelle Hawkes said...

"...Eight Maids a Milking..." You, of course are my hero! The extra milking looks good on you!!

Brett - Rachel B said...

i like the bangs!

Brigette said...

Hey Avery!

I found your blog through the Budge's. It's great to "catch up" with you! I love your latest entry.
visit my blog so we can stay in touch:
www.brigettesfamily.blogspot.com
Brigette Davis

Jamie and Caro said...

Hi Eddins familly! I can't tell if Faren or Avery are in charge of this thing, so I will address to all! It was great to see you guys posted on my blog. We do need to keep in touch. How funny we went from seeing each other almost daily, to none at all. I have to admit our family went through some withdrawls, but we are doing better! So lets plan to meet up sometime. I'm thinking in the spring? Maybe during a holiday?? How about memorial day (is that in the spring?) We could meet half way, or just plan on one of us going all the way! Avery, you look great by the way. You always do after having babies. You were made for baby making and now baby feeding-I love it!
Caro

Nikki said...

You are the epitome of the American Entreprenuer! (Did I spell that right? All I got from lactating was a loss of brain cells!!!)